Mantacora's Knitting

Monday, February 9, 2009

Homework!

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
Knit - I've really only been knitting for 4 years and only avidly for the last year.

2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
Yes - though not much lately. I learned when I learned to weave as sort of an understanding on how to do all aspects of the craft. Hand spinning as well as wheel.

3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
Yes - I sew, make glass beads, pewter cast, stained glass, pottery, some silver work, weaving, some woodworking, gardening, bone carving, silk banners/flags, right now though, mostly knitting.

4.What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
Wool. Without a doubt. Easiest to teach with, most versitile, and great natural fiber!

5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
Acrylic - it's an oil petrolium based icky man made fiber of little comfort to me.

6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
I'm always ready to try something new. There are some geat bamboo and silks out there! Wool and silk blends are great too. Ohhhhh, and I LOVE Alpaca! SUPER soft!

7. What are you currently working on?
Duh! My Kit stuff, my spoilee is indeed getting spoiled!

8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
There is something called a 'twisted stitch' that I have not had time to look up how to do. I've seen a project with it...... Like this .... but I don't know how yet.

9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
I do now - brand new.......My husband's arms were getting tierd.

10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
Oh, dear......that I'm bad at, they are a little bit of all over the place.

11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
Sometimes. When I do I like carmels or chocolate and carmel.

12. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
Nope, not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment