Mantacora's Knitting

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Homework

when did you first learn to knit - who taught you, how did you learn, what was your first project?

I'm not sure when I learned......I do know that I wanted to learn and a few weeks later, I woke up one day and knew that I knew how. I know, weird, and fits in here well at Hogwarts I suppose, but it is the truth of the matter. I did find out much later that I learned a very old style.....

As for a first project, it was as most of my projects, way beyond my skill. It was a set of thick boot socks in red and black, I still don't think I've finished them......in fact I know I haven't. I was attracted to them for what I thought they would look like. There was of course no actual pattern, just a vague description on sock basics and how to measure what I needed. I'll see if I can't make a picture of it, well, if I can even find the things.

No comments:

Post a Comment