Mantacora's Knitting

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What won't I leave home without?

OK, so I travel alot, and there are of course the obvious things I won't leave home without, like clothes and a toothbrush I think the question was asking about the 'other' stuff......things I won't leave home without include:

1) a knitting project or three......because, well......hello! How can you not have something to work on.

2) My kindle....I must have 40-50 books on there at any time. It has a three week battery when reading and I can hop from one type of book to another anytime, and can even send myself knitting patters to refrence on there. On top of that, the text to speach feature lets the thing read a book to me while I knit.....talk about multi-tasking!

3) Phone....ugh, also known as an electronic leash......If I don't stay connected, or at least have the illusion of being able to be reached in an emergency, I honestly can't relax.

4) A laptop/netbook and a way to connect. so much of my life is online at this point I've found ways to watch movies, read, write, and otherwise keep my mind and fingers occupied just about anywhere. In there I almost always have games and logic puzzles.

5) Some way to exercise. Sometimes it is as simple as a pair of shoes, sometimes a p90x DVD. no matter what, I almost always need to take some form of ability to exercise with me.

Now if you read the above, you will find one underlying theam - things that keep the mind occupied. It is a constant struggle with me to keep enough going on to keep all parts of my brain entertained at the same time, but it makes the world more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment