Mantacora's Knitting

Monday, April 6, 2009

WOW! My kit just arrived!



So, I just got this fantastic package! We managed to get the owl inside before the rain really came down hard, and she was tired! My kit from Lav DD just arrived and she gets extra points for packing, there was a lot in a small box!

So here is a pic before unwrapping, one of the knitting stuff - in all Puff Colors of course, one of the fun stuff and one of the inspirational stuff! WOW! There is a lot in here, she did some great sleuthing to to find out what size I could work in and find a pattern that would be a challenge and still within my ability.

The Cackling Flying Chicken just has to bring a smile to the face, as well as a whole passel of fun spring stuff. Where on God's green earth do you find exploding frogs for the bath? No kidding, there are several! There is even a mouse for the cat!

The Bag deserves special mention as it is just gorgeous! Here I've put in a pic of that alone! I'm going to have to fight my husband off for that one, as he *thinks* he already has designs on it, HA!

There's extra bags for small projects, favorite candies, toys, bookmarks, great stitch markers, a clever little ruler/gauge/bookmark/needle sizer - even home made chili pepper jam! My New Mexico friends will be so jealous! The fiber for the kit is so soft and a great blend, it will be fantastic in the pattern. I'm all inspired to go do that right away so I can show it off!

This is such a great package! Thank you Lav - your the best! This *definitely* goes in the best kit nominations!

7 comments:

  1. :O WOW!!! That kit was LOADED!!! LOL It looks fantastic! And what a GORGEOUS bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is a lot of awesome stuff!!!:) and your in new mexico!??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked it!!! I really enjoyed putting your kit together for you!

    I just made the jelly last weekend, so it should be good for a while. Our favorite recipe is: your favorite cracker + cream cheese + jelly on top = nummy treat! You can also use it on pork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no, I'm not in New Mexico......some of my friends here, use to be from there....they have withdraws for the green chilies......apparently you can get it on everything, including McDonalds.

    I already started the socks - they are coming out incredible. I love the colors and the the pattern is challenging but very cool! I'll post pictures of the socks as I progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lav DD has done another outstanding kit.

    You really have been spoiled by her!!!

    Have a picture of your new socks for us????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that owl tin! And a calligraphy kit is a great idea for a Hogwarts kit. Well done Lav!!

    ReplyDelete